Why come to The Alzheimer’s Show 2020?
This show is built around three very simple words that we think are vital when dealing with dementia: learn, share, experience.
Whether you care for someone with dementia as a professional or a family carer. Whether you’re living with or worried personally about dementia, or whether you are just interested in the latest ideas for prevention, we believe you’ll get a great deal out of this event.
- Learn everything you need to know about complex issues such as managing behaviour, nutrition and end of life care
- Get help with the best type of diet and exercise for your specific situation
- Hear informative – and entertaining – talks from leading specialists, carers and people living with dementia
- Learn more about how to plan for the future and how others are coping
- Chat with Admiral Nurses and benefit from their specialist training and expert advice
- In the Talks And Topics Theatre, carers and professionals get to share their experiences with you – delivering practical and reassuring advice
- Take part in Interactive Dementia Experiences – ‘The Virtual Dementia Tour’ and ‘A Walk Through Dementia’
- Discover and try out new products designed to make life easier for people with dementia
- In the Exhibitor Workshop Theatre see live demonstrations of dementia-related products and services, to help you in your everyday life
- In the Practical Activities Workshop you and people living with dementia can take part in entertaining and beneficial activities, such as music, exercise and meditation
“Whatever you need to know that will enable you to live better with dementia, you’ll find it out at The Alzheimer’s Show”
Jeremy Hughes, CEO, Alzheimer’s Society
What you’ll find at The Alzheimer’s Show 2020
- The Virtual Dementia Tour: This innovative training experience, run by Training2Care, will give you an understanding of what a person living with dementia experiences daily. The Virtual Dementia Tour takes away people’s primary senses, to let them experience the fear and frustration those with dementia go through on a daily basis.
- A Walk Through Dementia: Alzheimer’s Research UK are showcasing their app designed to gain a greater understanding of living with dementia. Presented in virtual reality, you’ll look at everyday life through a new lens. You may be familiar with some of the symptoms you’ll experience, others may surprise you.
- Free Professional Advice: Personal, face to face appointments with Admiral Nurses, and Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Advisors – all sessions are free and can be booked on the day.
- Specialist Information: Leading professionals in the field will cover all the latest developments in research, diagnosis, drugs trials and more.
- Engaging and Informative Talks: Always a highlight of the show, we have a wide range of speakers lined-up to talk about all manner of topics, including their own experiences with dementia.
- Practical Tools and Ideas: From large face clocks and nightlights to GPS trackers and smartphone apps, there are always lots of useful items on display to help with day to day activities.
- Experienced Carers: Sharing their experiences and tips for how to keep on top of everything, even when it seems like you can’t go on.
- Fun and Educational Activities: Hands-on workshops and activities to stimulate beneficial behaviour – including reminiscence therapy, seated activities, movement, art etc.
- Table Tennis Challenge: Always a very popular part of the show – learn how taking part in this activity can help in the early stages of dementia.
- Question and Answer Sessions: Another extremely well-attended aspect of the show – put your questions to a panel made up of professionals, carers, people living with dementia and more.
- Care Homes and Lawyers: Representatives from many of the UK’s top care homes and legal firms will have stands at the Show, offering advice and practical information in person.
Plus many other stands and activities that help make The Alzheimer’s Show the UK’s leading event for practical help with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Interactive Dementia Experiences
Virtual Dementia Tour.
This innovative training experience, run by Training2Care, will give you an understanding of what a person living with dementia experiences daily.
The Virtual Dementia Tour takes away people’s primary senses, to let them experience the fear and frustration those with dementia go through.
A Walk Through Dementia.
Alzheimer’s Research UK will be showcasing their specially designed app A Walk Through Dementia. Presented in virtual reality, you’ll look at everyday life through a new lens.
Visit them on stand F4 to see how this innovative experience will help you think a little differently about dementia.
Sign up for free digital guides
Gain access to exclusive content in our detailed FREE GUIDES on many different aspects of dementia, with topics ranging from how to cope with challenging behaviour and how to seek financial help when caring for a person with dementia.