WHO SHOULD COME TO THE ALZHEIMER’S SHOW
Anyone living with or worried about Alzheimer’s or dementia
Carers, partners, family members, friends and care professionals
Anyone with a personal or professional interest in learning more
People who are interested in the latest ideas for prevention
“Incredibly informative & inspiring talks and stalls at the #AlzShow yesterday. Focusing on care today, cure tomorrow. #dementia”
WHAT YOU’LL FIND AT THE ALZHEIMER’S SHOW 2019
- A Walk Through Dementia: Alzheimer’s Research UK are showcasing their app designed to gain a greater understanding of living with dementia. Presented in virtual reality, you’ll look at everyday life through a new lens. You may be familiar with some of the symptoms you’ll experience, others may surprise you.
- Free Professional Advice: Personal, face to face appointments with Admiral Nurses, and Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Advisors – all sessions are free and can be booked on the day.
- Specialist Information: Leading professionals in the field will cover all the latest developments in research, diagnosis, drugs trials and more.
- Engaging and Informative Talks: Always a highlight of the show, we have a wide range of speakers lined-up to talk about all manner of topics, including their own experiences with dementia.
- Practical Tools and Ideas: From large face clocks and nightlights to GPS trackers and smartphone apps, there are always lots of useful items on display to help with day to day activities.
- Experienced Carers: Sharing their experiences and tips for how to keep on top of everything, even when it seems like you can’t go on.
- Fun and Educational Activities: Hands-on workshops and activities to stimulate beneficial behaviour – including reminiscence therapy, singing, movement, pet therapy etc.
- Table Tennis Challenge: Always a very popular part of the show – learn how taking part in this activity can help in the early stages of dementia.
- Question and Answer Sessions: Another extremely well-attended aspect of the show – put your questions to a panel made up of professionals, carers, people living with dementia and more.
- Care Homes and Lawyers: Representatives from many of the UK’s top care homes and legal firms will have stands at the Show, offering advice and practical information in person.
Plus many other stands and activities that help make The Alzheimer’s Show the UK’s leading event for practical help with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Put yourself in the shoes of someone living with dementia.
Experience A Walk Through Dementia, with Alzheimer’s Research UK
This year Alzheimer’s Research UK will be showcasing their specially designed app A Walk Through Dementia. Presented in virtual reality, you’ll look at everyday life through a new lens. You may be familiar with some of the symptoms you’ll experience, others may surprise you.
Visit them on stand F4 to see how this innovative experience will help you think a little differently about dementia. This app was developed by Alzheimer’s Research UK, guided by people living with different forms of dementia. Click here for more information
SIGN UP FOR FREE DIGITAL GUIDES
Gain access to exclusive content in our detailed FREE GUIDES on many different aspects of dementia, with topics ranging from how to cope with challenging behaviour and how to seek financial help when caring for a person with dementia.