This show is built around three very simple words that we think are vital when dealing with dementia: learn, share, experience.
Whether you care for someone with dementia as a professional or a family carer. Whether you’re living with or worried personally about dementia, or whether you are just interested in the latest ideas for prevention, we believe you’ll get a great deal out of this event.
- Professional and recognised event to further enhance your learning and professional development
- Network with other professionals and share practical advice and experiences
- Listen to and meet the top people in the field of dementia
- Learn about complex issues such as communication, managing behaviour, iCST, nutrition and speech & language
- Take part in Interactive Dementia Experiences – ‘The Virtual Dementia Tour’ and ‘A Walk Through Dementia’
- Find information, products and services to help with everyday activities
Public and family carers
- Discover and try out new products designed to make life easier for people with dementia
- Chat with Admiral Nurses and benefit from their specialist training and expert advice
- See live demonstrations of dementia-related products and services, to help you in your everyday life
- Take part in beneficial activities, such as music, exercise and art
- Hear informative and inspiring talks from leading specialists, carers and people living with dementia
- Learn from Interactive Dementia Experiences – ‘The Virtual Dementia Tour’ and ‘A Walk Through Dementia’
“Whatever you need to know that will enable you to live better with dementia, you’ll find it out at The Alzheimer’s Show”
Jeremy Hughes, CEO, Alzheimer’s Society
- Free Professional Advice: Personal, face to face appointments with Admiral Nurses, and Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Advisors – all sessions are free and can be booked on the day
- Wide range of exhibitors: Representatives from many of the UK’s top organisations will have stands at the Show, offering advice and practical information in person
- Specialist Information: Leading professionals in the field will cover all the latest developments in research, diagnosis, drugs trials and more
- Practical Tools and Ideas: From large face clocks and nightlights to GPS trackers and smartphone apps, there are always lots of useful items on display to help with day to day activities
- Engaging and Informative Talks: Always a highlight of the show, we have a wide range of speakers lined-up to talk about all manner of topics, including their own experiences with dementia
- Experienced Carers: Sharing their experiences and tips for how to keep on top of everything, even when it seems like you can’t go on
- Question and Answer Sessions: Another extremely well-attended aspect of the show – put your questions to a panel made up of professionals, carers and people living with dementia
- The Virtual Dementia Tour: This innovative training experience, run by Training2Care, will give you an understanding of what a person living with dementia experiences daily. The Virtual Dementia Tour takes away people’s primary senses, to let them experience the fear and frustration those with dementia go through on a daily basis
- A Walk Through Dementia: Alzheimer’s Research UK are showcasing their app designed to gain a greater understanding of living with dementia. Presented in virtual reality, you’ll look at everyday life through a new lens. You may be familiar with some of the symptoms you’ll experience, others may surprise you
- Fun and Educational Activities: Hands-on workshops and activities to stimulate beneficial behaviour – including reminiscence therapy, seated activities, movement and art
- Table Tennis Challenge: Always a very popular part of the show – learn how taking part in this activity can help in the early stages of dementia
Interactive Dementia Experiences
Virtual Dementia Tour. This innovative training experience, run by Training2Care, will give you an understanding of what a person living with dementia experiences daily. The Virtual Dementia Tour takes away people’s primary senses, to let them experience the fear and frustration those with dementia go through. Find out more.
A Walk Through Dementia. Alzheimer’s Research UK will be showcasing their specially designed app A Walk Through Dementia. Presented in virtual reality, you’ll look at everyday life through a new lens. Visit them on stand F4 to see how this innovative experience will help you think a little differently about dementia. Find out more.
Sign up for free digital guides
Gain access to exclusive content in our detailed FREE GUIDES on many different aspects of dementia, with topics ranging from how to cope with challenging behaviour and how to seek financial help when caring for a person with dementia.