- Posted by admin
- On 8th August 2017
- 0 Comments
Now in its third year, National Dementia Carers Day recognises the efforts of the thousands of ‘hidden’ carers across the UK who are caring for someone close to them who has dementia. The focus of this year’s campaign is ‘Sharing’. Carers are invited to connect and share their experiences, tips and stories; while members of the public are encouraged to get involved by sharing their appreciation for a dementia carer they know.
Support organisations, charities and community groups are also being urged to get behind the campaign by spreading awareness and helping to signpost local sources of advice and support using #NDCD17.
“Supporting someone with a diagnosis of dementia is not easy,” commented Rikki Lorenti, SweetTree Admiral Nurse. “Maintaining quality of life for both parties can sometimes feel like an impossible task. The most important thing families can do is to keep talking and ensure they have all the support they need and that is available to them.”
Together we can make a difference and there are lots of ways to get involved:
- For more ideas and to submit your stories, tips and comments, visit the website nationaldementiacarersday.co.uk
- Find us on Facebook facebook.com/NationalDementiaCarersDay
- Tweet using @Dementia_Carers #NDCD17
- Follow and share #NDCD17 and help us spread the word
- Contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and best wishes from the whole team at NDCD!