With just over 2 weeks to go, we thought we’d highlight our top 10 reasons why The Alzheimer’s Show should not be missed!
1. Book free 1-2-1 appointments with professional advisors including Dementia UK’s Admiral Nurses, Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Advisors and The Law Society
2. Choose from over 60 talks covering a wide range of topics including research updates from Alzheimer’s Research UK, getting a diagnosis, managing behaviour, drugs, care funding, personal budgets and end of life care.
3. Take part in practical workshops designed to help in the daily care of a person with dementia: singing, art, communication, home design, pet therapy and an introduction to Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
4. Listen to people with dementia sharing their amazing and inspiring personal stories
5. Discover 100’s of new ideas, products and services from leading dementia and care businesses
6. Put your questions to an expert panel in the daily Question Time sessions
7. Experience what dementia might feel like with the Virtual Dementia Tour (Manchester)
8. Talk to fellow carers in the new Carers Corner run by Dementia Help. Listen to live music performances featuring songs from the sixties (London)
9. Meet Alzheimer’s Society Ambassadors Angela Rippon in London and Hazel Blears in Manchester. They will be hosting the main theatres and on hand to talk to visitors
10. Find the very best information, products and support to help with the challenges dementia brings – all under one roof